Thursday, April 23, 2009

Hello Blog World!


Good morning blog world!


I’ve been a loyal reader of so many great food/health/fitness related blogs for the past year and they’ve inspired me to finally start my own. So welcome to my first post!


So why am I starting a blog?


In a few short days I’ll be graduating from college (where did the time go?!) and moving back home. I’ll be living with my parents again and spending most of my time with my boyfriend (who graduated last year and also lives at home) and his family. Unfortunately for me, he lives at a house where dessert is mandatory and fried food is the norm.


After developing such healthy eating habits this year I don’t want to move back home and throw it all out the window! That’s where you come in. I hope that by keeping this blog I won’t want to let you down and will continue to cook and eat wholesome and interesting foods.


Besides this, I have just fallen in love with the food blogging community and want to be as much a part of it as possible. You guys are so great!


This Morning's Work Out & Food


This morning I woke up and went for a run. It was a bit colder out than I expected but I warmed up quick :) I'm definitely a morning person when it comes to cardio! I like just getting it out of the way so I don't have to worry about fitting it in later. Lately I've been splitting up my strength training and cardio though since you could basically do strength training anywhere. Sometimes I'm alone in my office that I work at and I do my ab workout! Unfortunately last time someone walked in on me on the floor so maybe next time i'll lock the door.. Today I plan on doing it later tonight.


Anyways, here are my run stats:

Time 45.02

Avg HR 152

Calories 313

Distance 5.1 miles


On to the food! I thought it only fitting that my blog start with the blogger's breakfast of choice... Oats! I put together my favorite mix this morning: steel cut oats, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, strawberries (thawed overnight), half a banana (whipped in Kath style), wheat bran, unsweetened coconut, and a few honey roasted peanuts thrown on top. And the required tbsp of pb of course - this was all that remained of my Peanut Butter & Co. Dark Chocolate PB!




I actually get really excited when finishing up a jar because that means I can open up a new one! I have an Artisana coconut butter waiting to be opened at home. And 3 different flavored naturally nutty peanut butters... and 3 different flavored PB Loco peanut butters... ok I've been out of control with my PB spending lately! It's worth it though, I'll have lots to review! Here's my current stash of opened jars...



I'm trying really hard right now not to take advantage of the free shipping on Barney Butter. For those of you who haven't heard, you can get free shipping on 2 items with the code AprilShip until April 26th!


Ok, well I gotta head over to work, I'll be posting again later. Have a great Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. welcome to the blog world!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! that is exactly one of the things that has bothered me about the "running hiatus." i've been incorporating a LOT of strength moves into my workouts (from the 30 day shred) and that makes me feel like i'm pushing myself. i'm also trying to get into swimming, because i feel like that's a real physical challenge for myself.

    WELCOME TO BLOGGING!!

    ReplyDelete