Friday, April 24, 2009

(too) hot to trot

Good evening everyone!

So two words about my daytime run… never again! I ended up getting out a little after 2pm and wow it was hot! It was definitely my hardest run as of yet. I think I’ll stick to my morning workouts. On top of all that, I think I got sunburn! Well to look on the bright side, at least I got my daily intake of Vitamin D.


Here are my stats

Time: 36 minutes

Calories: 285

Distance: 4.4 miles

Avg HR: 157

Pace: 8'03/mile


Then I did strength training in my living room while watching Yes, Dear (I love sitcoms!).


3 sets, 15 reps of

bicep curls

shoulder press

lateral raises

renegade rows

overhead dumbbell triceps extensions


3 sets, 10 reps of

push ups


I use 8lb weights for all the moves except for lateral raises, which I use 5lb-ers because they’re tough! I burned 118 more calories doing these, bringing my grand total to 403.


Snack & Dinna Time


I made myself a bowl of my favorite granola in the world. My Mom made me an Easter basket (yes I’m 21 and still get an Easter basket) full of natural and organic foods this year! She’s the greatest! The funniest is when she tells me she was scared I’d be disappointed in not getting any candy. Real food trumps candy any day!



Now I just want to say I’ve never been a huge fan of granola. I’m not a snacker so it always takes me like 8 years to finish the bag. Not the case with this! I present you with Gaby’s Gourmet Granola in Banana Chocolate Cherry.



Made with organic grains, bananas, and hemp seeds! I love hemp! It gives it such an interesting taste.

I had it with a little unsweetened vanilla almond milk and the rest of my cashew butter. That’s 2 jars done in 2 days – I’m on a roll! I told myself I won’t open up a new jar until home on Sunday though so I’m holding out. I still have half a jar of crunchy Barney Butter left.


This blog is already inspiring my eating habits because I realized I eat too late to post my dinners! So today I made sure I’d have dinner ready by 7pm. It was a very orangey meal. Bbq baked tofu, mashed carrots and parsnips, and baked sweet potato fries.



The mashed carrots and parsnips are really good and simple to make! Just boil water, add cut up pieces of each and boil until soft, around a half hour. Then mash with a fork and add a little butter and whatever spices you’re in the mood for. I usually add nutmeg and cinnamon.




Yum!


Food smarts


The answer to today’s question is…


False! Pancetta is a cut of salted pork belly that closely resembles bacon and is a key ingredient in the popular pasta alla carbonara. Don’t confuse this with panettone or panforte, which are both sweet Italian cakes.

I’m Italian and I’m ashamed to admit that I had no idea what pancetta is. I do love me some panettone though!


Have a great Friday night! Mine will be spent packing the last 4 years of my life up because the family is arriving tomorrow!


Also, check out the awesome salsa/sauce giveaway over at Lucky Taste Buds!

No comments:

Post a Comment